Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Buenas Dias!

Up at 4:30 am to try to catch up on my Spanish homework. Because at least half of the folks who show up at the church door speak Spanish, this class on Spanish for ministers is really important and I want to learn. But so many things get in the way of sitting down to do the homework and study the vocabulary.

I do, however, work on practicing with Spanish speakers. I practice with my secretary every day, whose most important qualification for the church secretary position is that she is a native speaker of Spanish. I have a lot of Spanish speaking friends who also help me practice. I was even speaking (mangling!) Spanish with the Hispanic women at the regional women's convocation over the weekend, all of whom graciously corrected my mistakes and thanked me for taking the trouble. I attended my Spanish teacher's ordination at a Spanish speaking church Sunday evening. My husband pointed out that I introduced him to the teacher in Spanish, but to my classmates in English. Hmm. Guess I'd better work on that. :-)

Ah well, back to the flash cards. Hasta manana!

No comments: