Saturday, September 5, 2020

A day for rest


 Psalm 149

1  Praise the Lord.

Sing to the Lord a new song,

    his praise in the assembly of his faithful people.


It’s been a long week.  It had the same number of days as all other weeks, but for some reason the things that filled those days was tiring.  Maybe part of why I am tired is the smoke and really bad air quality.  Maybe it’s because I had more writing and planning to do than usual.  Whatever the reason, I am tired today.


The author of the blogs I subscribe to writes daily, as I do.  But every now and then she says, ‘You know what?  I’m just too tired to write tonight.  I am going to rest this evening.  Good night, my friends.”


So I’m taking a leaf from her journal, as it were.  I will go rest and look forward to tomorrow’s worship service and sharing the Lord’s Supper with you all from afar.


Lord of Sabbath rest, you have commanded us to rest at least one day a week.  We give you thanks for permission to rest and relax so that we may be at our best in our worship and in our service to you.  Amen

No comments: