Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Love and Patience

 

Romans 8:25 NIV

But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.


Proverbs 16:32 NIV

Better a patient person than a warrior,

    one with self-control than one who takes a city.


Just For Today: November 4

“...we give love because it was given so freely to us.  New frontiers are open to us as we learn how to love.  Love can be the flow of life energy from one person to another.”


These are three of my daily readings this morning - two on patience, one on loving one another.   This seems to me to be a really good combination of readings for today.  It is even better when I remember that none of these were chosen with the actual events of yesterday and today, as all of these were scheduled for November 4th decades ago.  Patience and love do seem to fit together.


Paul said, “Love is patient. Love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.”  1 Corinthians 13:4


Every so often a day comes along when both patience and love are needed even more than usual and on a much larger scale than usual.  Today, I think, is one of those days.  Today, I think, is one of those days when my best choice will be to pray and meditate, at least for a few hours, with or without a cat on my lap.  Candles burning, music playing, salt lamp lit . . . purifying the air and my spirit so that patience and love will come more easily.


Perhaps you will join me, if you are so inclined. Pray for our nation, pray for the Church, pray for peace.  


Loving God, may patience and love be intertwined in my spirit this day.  May the peace of Christ pour out upon all persons this day.  May hatred be washed away and may all persons  be reconciled to you and to each other.  Amen.

No comments: