Thursday, August 20, 2020

New Beginnings

 

Psalm 143:8 (NIV)

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. 


Putting my life in God’s hands.  That is what I offer to God each morning before I even get out of bed - or kick the cats off the bed so I can get up.  Every morning I say, “God, take my will and my life,  guide me in my decisions, and show me how to live”.   I often have to supplement that prayer with the Serenity Prayer at some point during the day.  Sometimes my day gets so weird that I have to close my eyes, say my morning prayer again, and then open my eyes to restart the day, to re-experience morning.  I have had some pretty terrible days turn out to be pretty good days by the simple means of starting over every time another problem came up. 


The beauty of morning is that every single one is new and unique, different from every other morning.   Every morning brings me the news of God’s unfailing love in a slightly different way.  Every morning gives me a new opportunity to turn my life over to God, to offer my trust and love to God, and work to serve God’s people.  Every day gives me a new chance to be the best person I can possibly be.   Every morning is like the first morning.  Each day is a new beginning. 


God, it is morning again, and again I offer my life to you, to do with whatever you will.  May my work be pleasing to you, bring hope to all people, and further the formation of the Beloved Community.  Amen. 


No comments: